Cosworth GBA 1.5 litre V6 F1 engine
Cosworth GBA F1 engine, 1.5 litre V6 twin turbo 750+ BHP, Three available!
£15,000 United Kingdom Pounds
We Have available three (3) of these used ex F1 engines built around
1986, they are the GBA 1.5 litre V6 twin turbocharged engine. They originally
produced 750 BHP and can run 1000 BHP with boost and fuel adjustments. They come
complete with injectors and ECU's but it would need to be stripped down and
checked before running. All other components like manifolds, turbos, flywheel
and clutch are all present. £15k is for EACH engine, not for all of them.
produced in 1986, the 120 degree v angle engine ran in Formula one in a
Benetton in 1987 using "rocket fuel" to attain 1000 BHP
- Engine Builder: Cosworth Racing
- Manufacturer: Cosworth Racing
- Type: Formula One
- Displacement: 1497 cc
- Horsepower: 750 - 1000
- Torque: unknown
- Induction: Forced air via twin turbochargers, Fuel injected
- Heads: cast aluminium alloy, 4 valves per cylinder
- Block: Cast aluminium alloy
- Main Caps: unknown
- Crankshaft: billet type
- Connecting Rods: unknown
- Pistons: pressure forged
- Camshaft: unknown
- Valves: 4 off, poss. titanium?
- Valve Train: unknown
- Clutch: unknown
- Pressure Plate: unknown
- Flywheel: unknown
- Exhaust: tubular steel
- Total Time: unknown
- Races: 1
- not much known about these engines, they were run in a race, and removed
from the car, they may have been rebuilt, but have been in storage for a
number of years. They can be viewed if required by appointment only at our
premises in Northampton.
- crank sensors and a few seals etc.
- some parts have been remanufactured
- by various companies, we can reproduce
- pistons etc. if required